Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chris and Brian Commercial 21 years ago!

Many of you have seen my grandson, Logan, doing a piece on Channel 4 with Jancey Sheats at Willie D's pertaining to his talent on the piano and drums and his love of making things to help those less fortunate.


Logan isn't the only one in our family who has been on television ... although  possibly a bit more talented. You may want to ask Casey with KARK about that!  


I have a VERY FUNNY piece done by both of my sons, Chris http://www.myspace.com/chris_the_builder    and Brian  Nico Rodd LRgirls.com  Davis, over 21 years ago when we only had a waterbed store. Not only is the final commercial shown but you can also see all their goof ups.... and there were many. Be sure to check out their accents and hairstyles.... and send them a message, they deserve all the heckling they get!!!


From their Fun Loving Mom!








Below is something Chris wrote to put on another site....


Just for fun. I found this old commercial that my brother and I did back in 1986. I'm the oldest one with the southern accent and the high pitched voice. My brother was the cute one. Notice I said was. My brother builds cabinets too, but works for Falcon Jet building high end interiors for private jets. I should post some of his work. WOW, awesome stuff.


I was about 12 then and still playing in the saw dust. It was another 3-4 years before I started making anything besides swords, stilts and oh, I did use to make miniature waterbeds where I would used zip lock bags for the mattress. Both my parents worked at the store, so my brother and I would spend a lot of time during the summer in the shop. We probably got in the way more then anything, but I bet we were put to work some. Did you know that child labor law don't effect family businesses. Just kidding.


I thought this tape may be entertaining, at least for my family, plus I needed to get it in digital form before we lost the tape forever. Maybe someday I can embarrass my kids by having them do a spin-off of this commercial. Of course change the prices. Complete waterbeds for $129.95 and sheets for $19.95. How much was a 1X10 back then? Maybe we were used as slave child labor. The prices are now $399 without a headboard and $49.95 for the sheet sets.


If you want a good laugh check out the outtakes. Please go easy on the comments. Just playing , fire away.








-- Chris, Arkansas, http://wwbeds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment